Valerie J. Long: The Zoe Lionheart Series (English E-Books)

Das Forum für Ankündigungen über Science Fiction & Fantasy-Neuerscheinungen im Printbereich! Schamlose Eigenwerbung ist erlaubt! ;-)
Forumsregeln
Dies ist ein Forum für Buch-Neuerscheinungen. Büchermacher und Autoren: Hier erreicht ihr direkt eure Zielgruppe!
Schamlose Eigenwerbung ist hier explizit erlaubt! ;-)
Valerie J. Long
SMOF
SMOF
Bundesland: Hessen
Land: Deutschland
Liest zur Zeit: Wheel of Time, (Dauereintrag: Perry Rhodan)
Re: Valerie J. Long: The Zoe Lionheart Series (English E-Books)

Ungelesener Beitrag von Valerie J. Long » 1. Januar 2015 14:29

Für kurze Zeit gibt's die ersten drei Bände "Lioness Legacy" direkt beim Verlag zum Schnäppchenpreis:

http://www.extasybooks.com/product/bund ... ndle_id=96

Bild
Loser
Life is hard and unfair—the most adaptable can survive anywhere, even a born loser. Who said a loser has to be fair?

A remote villa at the sea is an interesting challenge for a skilled thief in the first place. But if the landlord belongs to a worldwide-operating crime syndicate, it’s not advisable to get caught. Sadly, Jo learns about this too late—such just happens to a loser.
So she finds herself in a cell with a lot of time to contemplate her own life and how she arrived in her current situation. Will that give her a clue on how to escape?

Bild
Loonie
To boldly go where no sane girl has ever gone before

The village is a fortress, but the walls are invisible—deadly radioactive contamination. The people inside haven’t seen a policeman for decades. The strongest rule, as simple as that. Women are traded for entertainment. Not the best place for a pretty female thief to be caught in the action…Only a lunatic would accept this challenge.
Johanna—or short, Jo—no longer regards herself a loser. She’s a successful whore, thief, gambler. But her game is dangerous, outright lunatic—more and more often she sets out to cause trouble for the worldwide organized crime, called the Cartel, only to go into hiding again. How long can that work?

Bild
Lover
Call her Velvet - freelance secret agent for her own cause

Jo is fed up with playing games. Hiding and running away can’t protect her from the Cartel’s stalking. She decides to raise the stakes and venture herself on a search for the ruling board of the worldwide-operating crime ring. But her enemies don’t play by the rules. They play a special card, and Jo must face her death.
Egal, was die Frage ist - Schokolade ist die Antwort. | To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer. (R.A.Heinlein)
Die deutsche Zoe-Lionheart-Serie

Valerie J. Long
SMOF
SMOF

Ungelesener Beitrag von Valerie J. Long » 2. Juli 2015 17:35

Valerie J. Long - Lioness' Legacy IX - Terminator
Mit dem neunten Teil ist die Erbe-Serie vollständig.

If Jo has learned one thing, it’s that life’s never fair.

Bild
Bild © extasybooks - Marketingrechte bei der Autorin

Lioness' Legacy IX - Terminator (Zoe Lionheart Book 20)

Her sister-in-arms’ violent death shook Johanna to the core. Now she needs to regain her strength while old and new enemies get in position around her. She ventures on a trip for leisure and self-discovery and quickly finds herself at war with organized crime. How can she protect those innocents between the lines from paying dearly?

Excerpt
The most dangerous opponents were, due to their weapons’ range, the spear wielders, and due to his obvious professional fighting stance, probably the nunchaku man.
I could reach him and one spear wielder together, so the other would have to wait. Only one thorny mace was in my way.
I blocked his first blow with my left arm, pressed him, and tried a strike at his throat—which he parried with his left. That guy was good!
Nevertheless, he writhed and wheezed when my kick hit his balls. The following blow that drove his nasal bone into the brain was just a formality, but cost me valuable time.
Only at the last moment could I dodge the incoming spear—and had to watch out, as its bearer tried to get me with the barbs when he pulled back, attempting to tear my supporting leg’s skin apart.
I already jumped up though, and still leaning on the dying mace wielder, took the opportunity to kick the spear shaft out of its trajectory and thus attack the spear wielder directly.
He wouldn’t make it that easy for me. He parried well, retreated, and tried to get the spear blade between us again. That alone wouldn’t have been a problem for me, but from the side, a skillfully operated nunchaku swung against me.
Katsumi had already thrown one blackjack down and was attacking the other spear wielder, pressed by two maces. That wasn’t good, either.
I had to dodge the nunchaku and closely approach the spear wielder so that he couldn’t use the tip, and at the same time prevent him from pulling the spear back. There was only one practical way—I grabbed his arm and pulled it forward, turned my back on him, made a hump—and threw him into the nunchaku man.
My Analogy warned me—I ducked downward-sideward and kicked behind, battered my foot into the remaining blackjack-wielder’s solar plexus and thus pushed him backward into a group of tables.
For a short moment, I was free, but my three opponents were far from done.
Katsumi fared alike. One of his opponents—a mace wielder—writhed on the floor, but the other three had surrounded him in a semicircle, and his left arm was lightly bleeding from a thorny mace’s hit.
We met back to back in the free area in the room center.
“You’re not finished yet?” I teased him.
“Nor are you.”
“I’m still playing with mine.”
“So am I.”
“Well then.”
Egal, was die Frage ist - Schokolade ist die Antwort. | To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer. (R.A.Heinlein)

Valerie J. Long
SMOF
SMOF

Ungelesener Beitrag von Valerie J. Long » 3. Juli 2015 18:50

von Valerie J. Long » 1. Januar 2015 15:29
Valerie J. Long hat geschrieben:Für kurze Zeit gibt's die ersten drei Bände "Lioness Legacy" direkt beim Verlag zum Schnäppchenpreis:
(...)
Google Alert hat den Beitrag heute schon entdeckt und mir wie bestellt gemeldet - nach gerade mal einem halben Jahr!
:kopfkratz:
Ich glaube nicht, dass dieser Dienst so gedacht war.

Valerie J. Long
SMOF
SMOF

Ungelesener Beitrag von Valerie J. Long » 12. Juli 2015 17:41

Valerie J. Long - Lioness' Legacy IX - Terminator
Mit dem neunten Teil ist die Erbe-Serie vollständig. Diesen Teil gibt es jetzt auch bei Amazon.

If Jo has learned one thing, it’s that life’s never fair.

Bild

Lioness' Legacy IX - Terminator (Zoe Lionheart Book 20)

Her sister-in-arms’ violent death shook Johanna to the core. Now she needs to regain her strength while old and new enemies get in position around her. She ventures on a trip for leisure and self-discovery and quickly finds herself at war with organized crime. How can she protect those innocents between the lines from paying dearly?

Tom Zola
BNF
BNF

Ungelesener Beitrag von Tom Zola » 12. Juli 2015 20:28

Ich finde deine Cover wirklich klasse!

Valerie J. Long
SMOF
SMOF

Ungelesener Beitrag von Valerie J. Long » 13. Juli 2015 08:35

Tom Zola hat geschrieben:Ich finde deine Cover wirklich klasse!
Danke. Ich sag's Carmen weiter.

Valerie J. Long
SMOF
SMOF

Ungelesener Beitrag von Valerie J. Long » 15. Dezember 2015 17:46

Valerie J. Long - Lioness' Tracks I - Entrance
Here we go again...

Now that Johanna is truly in charge, she will take all the heat

Bild

Lioness' Tracks I - Entrance (Zoe Lionheart Book 21)

Responsibility rests hard on Johanna’s shoulders—for her friends and companions in fate, for innocent mankind, even for her enemies. Johanna hasn’t much time left to familiarize herself with her new role when a new-old enemy announces his arrival. But there’s still so much to do—will it work out in the end?

Excerpt
The container truck driver pushed the pedal all way down, and a few hundred angry horsepowers pulled the bulky vehicle forward through the deserted street. In the street lantern’s light, one could see the knuckles of his hands, cramped around the wheel, turn white.
Close to the old factory access road, the engine veered off the road, broke through the barrier arm, then through the rusty trellised gate, and targeted the factory hall entrance with its two large sliding doors. The doors’ thin sheet gave in with a crack.
The damage elicited a sigh from me. The attackers were probably entirely oblivious to my financial worries, though.
The vehicle came to a halt halfway into the hall. The rear container doors opened, and six motorbikes shot away with loud chatter.
From my place on the factory building’s roof, I couldn’t determine what was happening inside, but I assumed that Rod’s men would quickly get the situation under control.
You have visitors by air, my Companion reported.
Thanks. I could now spot the large helicopter myself. They wouldn’t think they can get away with that unseen?
There is now another truck stopping on the road behind the factory and opening its cargo bed cover. Perhaps they plan to bring their loot there?
Then they’d have to amputate the Taipan’s wings first. No, watch out for a ship where they could set their cargo down.
Yes, Companion. Oh!
Achrotzyber’s signature raced toward the ground. Then I sensed a fusion reactor’s startup emissions from the far end of the factory grounds. This coincidence couldn’t mean anything good—I turned around and made a giant leap across the building to its rear.
The fusion reactor could only be sensed, not seen, but instead, I recognized what had made my Companion dive down fast. The truck’s side walls, which had just landed on the street with a clap, unveiled a two-barrel cannon and a ball head. I wasn’t versed in such things, but both together looked like an anti-aircraft gun with a radar dome to me.
That went too far for my taste.
Keep your head down, Mighty, I told my Dragon. This isn’t your game.
Our opponents’ level of organization suggests further preparations.
Yes.
Hoping their radar couldn’t pick me up close to the ground, I ran toward the rear fence and activated my radio.
“Weapons of war deployed. Helicopter. Anti-aircraft gun,” I reported and continued toward the cannon. “Level three.”
“Roger,” Rod’s calm voice immediately replied. “Red One to all. Level four.”
“Black One, roger,” Lucy acknowledged. “Level four.”
“Blue One, roger,” Kenneth said. “Level four.”
Well, okay, four, then. This included measures against a potential attack on the island, while level three only symbolized a quasi-military attack on the factory.
By unveiling the cannon ahead of me, the attackers had clearly positioned themselves above level two—well-organized criminals or spies. I jumped on the cargo bed and cut a few parts that looked critical for the ammunition feed to me.
“Gun eliminated,” I added. However, that only applied to the cannon. Two men rose from their computer consoles, and the third took his hand off the lever that probably had just released the cover. All three looked around in bewilderment for where the sudden interruption’s cause might be and drew pistols.
The cause—I—was of course invisible and didn’t wait for the three men to attempt a chance shot. Tiny stun darts effectively prevented that, and thereafter, I only had to deal with the driver at the wheel.
The loud hiss of plasma bullets and the silent whistle of linear projectiles from the other side of the building quickly fell silent, while the woundeds’ painful cries continued for another while. It took a few minutes before the first siren wails could be heard.

Valerie J. Long
SMOF
SMOF

Ungelesener Beitrag von Valerie J. Long » 6. Januar 2016 19:55

Valerie J. Long - Lioness' Tracks I - Entrance
gibt es jetzt auch bei Amazon.

Bild

Lioness' Tracks I - Entrance (Zoe Lionheart Book 21) on Amazon.de

Valerie J. Long
SMOF
SMOF

Ungelesener Beitrag von Valerie J. Long » 6. August 2016 14:21

Meine englischen Titel (und auch die meiner Mitautoren) gibt es diesen Monat 25% günstiger:

Bild

Valerie J. Long
SMOF
SMOF

Ungelesener Beitrag von Valerie J. Long » 26. Juli 2019 16:09

Valerie J. Long - Lioness' Tracks II - Exploration
It's been a while...

If you can’t stand the heat, don’t come close to a Dragon.

Bild

Lioness' Tracks II - Exploration (Zoe Lionheart Book 22)

Jo and her team successfully prevented the second invasion. Only a single enemy Scout made it to Earth, but the horror it brought makes people shiver. For Jo, it’s clear—to get ahead of another attack, she must enter hostile territory, even if there is no chance for a return journey.

Excerpt
My first concern was Stubble and his friends’ safety. “Stay behind us. This is not your fight.”

Despite his noticeable relief, he disagreed. “It should be our fight.”

“Not today.” Not with a Dragon Protectress present.

Before I could step toward the newcomers, though, Francine placed a hand on my arm. “My job.”

Fatima gave me a questioning glance, but I only smiled in agreement. Francine was quite capable of handling this situation and—other than Stubble’s group—these new brawlers didn’t deserve the indulgence in my eyes.

No, Jo. Even these people belong to the protected. My Analogy was right, of course.

“Be gentle.”

Francine nodded and smiled. “Naturally.”

She elegantly walked toward the Zombies balancing on her high-heeled shoes. Just like me, she immediately recognized the leader based on their formation, a tall blond with gloves and a butterfly knife.

“Hey, Blondie.”

“Down with that dress,” the leader demanded. “Reveal yourself if you wanna live.”

Francine obediently lifted her left arm and reached for the zipper with her right. Then she slipped out of the strap on her shoulder. She took her time letting the dress slide over her body to the ground. Some of the men whistled. When her strip show ended, she stepped out of the dress pooled at her feet and exploded.

A few moments later, the twenty-four men were writhing on the ground in pain. Francine leaned over the leader and held his knife up to his crotch.

Fatima slowly let out her breath. “What was that?” she whispered.

“The upgrade. Francine is fast.”

“What did you just say?” Francine asked her victim.

The Zombie leader saw the naked woman above him, heard his friends’ moaning and whining and felt the steel’s sharp coldness slowly penetrate his pants. “What?”

“Did you just threaten to take my life?”

“What—but, no—”

I could see her blade’s pressure increase as her victim’s tension grew.

“Yes. Okay, I threatened you. Please!”

Francine didn’t reduce the pressure. “You will never again touch a knife. And I don’t want to meet any of you ever again in a similar situation. Not in Brisbane, and nowhere else in Australia. Understood?”

“Yes. Yes! Who—what are you?”

“The woman with the knife at your balls. Now get lost.”

Francine rose and took a step back. Dressed only in her high heels and holding the Zombie leader’s knife, Francine watched the Zombies withdraw.

One tried to reach for his lost knife, then glanced at her. She slightly shook her head, and he made up his mind to run away as fast as he could without his weapon.

Once they all disappeared, Francine tossed the knife away, took her dress, dusted it, and put it on again.

“What a woman!” Stubble whispered behind me. “Damn, what I would give for…”

“Start with a beer,” I cut him before he could finish his thought.

Antworten