Looking for a Delany novel in German!

Das Forum für Suchanfragen - ihr sucht ein bestimmtes Buch, Comic oder Video? Hier seid ihr richtig!
veronikasays
Neo
Neo
Land: Croatia
Liest zur Zeit: Stars in My Pocket like Grains of Sand

Looking for a Delany novel in German!

Ungelesener Beitrag von veronikasays »

Hi, I am translating a small segment of Samuel Delany's novel "Stars in my Pocket Like Grains of Sand" into Croatian for a friend who is an artist and will be incorporating the Delany text into his work. It would be much easier for me to correctly do the translation if I could read the German translation of the segment (I understand German, although I am not that skilled). Therefore, I was wondering if someone who owns the physical copy of the German version of the novel, "In meinen Taschen die Sterne wie Staub", could send me a picture of the pages I need. Alternatively, if someone finds an ebook I can buy (I wasn't able to find it when searching), please let me know. Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to wait for a physical copy to arrive.
Thank you! :tentakel:
Flossensauger
BNF
BNF
Land: Deutschland

Re: Looking for a Delany novel in German!

Ungelesener Beitrag von Flossensauger »

veronikasays hat geschrieben: 30. September 2020 15:10 Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to wait for a physical copy to arrive.
Is it so? - OK, good luck!
LeifOnMars@aol.com

Ungelesener Beitrag von LeifOnMars@aol.com »

The correct translation clearly, replaces "sand" with "sand", rather than "Staub". The English for "Staub" is "dust", the connotations of which mke its use in "Stars in my pockets like grains of sand" wholly inappropriate. As for my lingustic credentials, I was born and spent my childhood in a wonderfully tranquil village in Niedersachsen, but have lived almost all of my life in England. I sell rare and in terms of codition high quality science fiction, fantasy and horror books, uncorreced proofs, ARCs. publishers' galley and manuscripts/typescripts on ABE, many of which are signed by the author. We have a few immaculate German sf paperbacks - mostly Heyne from the 70s and 80s.
Doop
SMOF
SMOF
Land: Deutschland

Ungelesener Beitrag von Doop »

Do you have a link to your shop? At least I would like to see what you‘re selling. :-)
LeifOnMars@aol.com

Ungelesener Beitrag von LeifOnMars@aol.com »

Hi. Below is the link to our inventory as listed on ABE.
However, because of the coronavirus we have decided
to cease all commercial activities until the the health
of the nation has sufficiently improved to make interaction
with customers, the post office, DHL courier service personnel
and other cmmercial partners a significantly less risky affair.
In consequence we have taken our ABE inventory off-line for
the time being, lest we receive orders.
If you are looking for a specific title, feel free to ask.
Note that we sell primarily to the very condition-conscious
collectors market and that at least 95% of our items are in
fine or better condition. We are not cheap, but the quality
of our stock is exceptional.

https://www.abebooks.co.uk/Fine-Edition ... srp1-_-sf1
Antworten