Erdsee - Die Fernsehverfilmung

Petra
Fan
Fan
Land: Deutschland
Ursula Le Guins Erklärung

Ungelesener Beitrag von Petra »

Es ist schon eine Weile her, dass ich die Erdsee-Trilogie gelesen habe. An viele Details erinnere ich mich nicht mehr. Andererseits waren die Bücher so eindringlich, dass ich einige starke Bilder im Kopf habe.

Ich habe einen kurzen Trailer zu Erdsee im Fernsehen gesehen. Spontan meine Reaktion: warum sind die Hauptdarsteller weiß? Im Buch ist Ged doch schwarz, oder? Auch mit der Hauptdarstellerin für Tenar (spielt Lana Lang in Smallville) bin ich nicht glücklich. Sie ist einfach zu süß und lieb. Im Moment befürchte ich eine seichte Märchenverfilmung, mit mittelalterlichen Gewändern hoch und runter und Ritterburgen im Hintergrund. :kanone:

Und Ursula Le Guin ist auch nicht glücklich. Auf Ihrer Website http://www.ursulakleguin.com/UKL_info.html#News (siehe dort 13.11.) hat sie in Reaktion auf ein Interview des Regisseurs sich heftig gegen eine Intention, die ihr „untergeschoben“ wurde, verwehrt. Ich denke, die Reaktion wäre bei weiterm nicht so heftig, wenn Ihr die ganze Richtung der Verfilmung besser gefallen würde. Zitat aus ihrem Statement (es lohnt sich, den Rest davon auch zu lesen):
“I've tried very hard to keep from saying anything at all about this production, being well aware that movies must differ in many ways from the books they're based on, and feeling that I really had no business talking about it, since I was not included in planning it and was given no part in discussions or decisions.

That makes it particularly galling of the director to put words in my mouth.

Mr Lieberman has every right to say what his intentions were in making the film he directed, called "Earthsea." He has no right at all to state what I intended in writing the Earthsea books.

Had "Miss Le Guin" been honestly asked to be involved in the planning of the film, she might have discussed with the film-makers what the books are about.

When I tried to suggest the unwisdom of making radical changes to characters, events, and relationships which have been familiar to hundreds of thousands of readers all over the world for over thirty years, I was sent a copy of the script and informed that production was already under way.

So, for the record: there is no statement in the books, nor did I ever intend to make a statement, about "the union of two belief systems." There's nothing at all about the "duality of spirituality and paganism," whatever that means, either.

<SNIP>

I wonder if the people who made the film of The Lord of the Rings had ended it with Frodo putting on the Ring and ruling happily ever after, and then claimed that that was what Tolkien "intended..." would people think they'd been "very, very honest to the books"? “
Das Ganze beginnt anscheinend weitere Kreise zu ziehen, laut Locus Online gab es in der Dezember-Ausgabe von Entertainment Weekly ein „Spotlight“ zu Le Guins Erklärung.

Petra
Liest zur Zeit:
Stern/Herrmann: Andreas Baader - Das Leben eines Staatsfeinds
Zadie Smith: White Teeth
John Crowley: Lord Byron's Novel
Antworten